Visit Mee on my Website!

Visit Mee on my Website!
Visit www.dsmeebee.com

Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Vera Wang - Organza Fit and Flare Gown with Bias Flange Skirt

When I first saw this dress online I knew it was the one for me! I mistakenly tried it on first and didn't have the "love" "say yes to the dress" feeling. But after trying on many other dresses I knew it really was the one for me! 

I have always been in LOVE with Vera Wang but I could never see myself spending Vera's prices on a wedding dress unless I was marrying Richard Branson. So when Vera Wang came out with the White Collection for David's Bridal I was there trying on dresses the debut weekend. 

I love love love this dress but it comes with a straight neckline which I changed to be a sweetheart. I am so glad I did because the dress became so much more me and much more romantic. I recommend trying to find a good reasonable seamstress. I ended up paying $150 for the hem, bustle, and sweetheart alteration. The hem and bustle alone would have been $150 at David's Bridal and also DB dose not change the design of any of the wedding dresses they sell there, so I would have had to go to another shop for the sweetheart. I went to http://marialisabridal.com/ in West Roxbury. I live in Boston so it was about a 20 min. drive but Maria Lisa did a wonderful job! 

I got married at the MIT Chapel in Cambridge MA by the famous architect Eero Saainen. If you have ever been in there you would know that the wall gently wave toward the alter. I love that my wedding dress resembled those waves of the chapels walls. 

I think my dress was perfect for my soft romantic wedding theme and it made me feel beautiful, which is the most important part! 


No comments:

Post a Comment