Visit Mee on my Website!

Visit Mee on my Website!
Visit www.dsmeebee.com

Thursday, July 5, 2012

My DIY Gum Paste Wedding Cake Flowers






I made my own gum paste flowers for my wedding cake. In my attempt to save money I decided to not spend hundreds and hundreds on a wedding cake and instead I paid a friend to make and frost the cake while I made the gum paste flowers.  


Since the wedding cake was not the most important aspect of our wedding, attempting this was not a huge risk. We had a taste test with our friend and we already know if the cake didn't look so good it would taste amazing! But my goal was to try to make it look great as well. 


I followed gum paste a recipe I found online and bought a starter gum paste flower kit and some peddle dust. These were my results! I am very happy with the final product and I'm glad I didn't spend $600 + on my wedding cake I would say instead about $200. You can't argue with that! 


PS - Those where my DIY Wedding Cake toppers with a tree base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment